I think all of us parents can agree that on the daily we say things that make us stop and think "wow, never thought I would say that!" Here are just a few things that I say, some even on the regular, that I absolutely NEVER expected to hear myself say:
1. I never imagined that I would say "Did you wipe?"
...and not just mean someone's nose...ew!
2. I never imagined that I would say "Do you need to go potty?"
...over, and over, and over, and over IN public places.
3. I never imagined that I would say "You have to eat all of your mac 'n' cheese before you can ____!"
I mean seriously, is mac 'n' cheese really something that anyone should be made to eat in order to get something? They might as well eat nothing... it's probably just as healthy.
4. I never imagined that I would say "Don't eat that, it fell on the floor!"
...and actually not really care if it gets eaten anyway. I mean, my child puts rocks in her mouth. An m&m that touched the floor for 20 seconds wouldn't be that detrimental to anyone's health.
5. I never imagined that I would say "Don't eat that!"
...and not just mean food-related items. Another ew!
6. I never imagined that I would say "Don't splash!"
...so many times in one 20-minute sitting. The bathtime struggle is real folks.
I'm sure there are a million more! What are some things that you say now that you wouldn't have been caught dead saying until you had children?