After doing 2 posts on baby products that I think are fun, I thought, why not do a post listing some of the products that my toddler loves. Although most of these items are super unnecessary (as with, technically, most toys), this list might be helpful if you have any upcoming birthday parties OR just are looking for a new form of entertainment for the toddler(s) in your life...
1. Leapfrog Shapes and Sorting Basket - this thing is AWESOME! My toddler is STILL obsessed with picnics because of this toy. Not only does it come with plates and play food, but it is a great way to practice turn-taking, it plays songs, encourages following directions, facilitates matching, etc. This is one of my toddler's favorites!
2. Plastic play food - As much as I despise picking all of this up, my toddler will sit and play for a solid HOUR with her set of play food she got for Christmas from a relative last year (she got the set pictured but I am sure any set will have the same effect). She will play picnic, or restaurant, or mix up different meals or "recipes" using her play kitchen. There are so many different combinations that this set really keeps her little wheels turning for large chunks of time (which is sometimes what I need to get anything done around the house).
3. Play-doh Sweet Shoppe - Play-doh is entertaining in itself, but throw in an ice cream machine and some fancy bowls and my toddler (are you seeing a theme here... maybe she will own a restaurant when she is older haha) will serve up dishes and cones of ice cream to her father and I all day long! A little messier but another awesome way to get a few minutes of spare time while your toddler is entertained.
4. CD player - Getting our toddler her own cd player was seriously one of the best things I have ever done (we have the one pictured but, again, any kind/ brand will do). Throw in some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or a soundtrack from her favorite movie (at our house we rock out to some "Trolls" and "Moana" songs...links at the bottom on this post) and the ultimate toddler dance party ensues! This is another great way to entertain a toddler AND keep them in a specific area (wherever the music is playing).
1. Puzzle Rack - This is the only thing on the list that I do not own YET (but am so planning on it once/ if we ever move). Puzzles and their pieces are always allllllll over our house. Our toddler will attempt to help clean them up but, when placing on them on a random shelf, a lot of times pieces will fall back off or a puzzle will slip off the shelf, etc. Have a sturdy rack to store our puzzles would be a dream come true.
On the Go:
1. Play Packs - These have changed my life! Our toddler tends to fight sleep during ALL trips out of town. She does well with watching a movie; however, by the time the 2nd movie is about halfway over she gets restless. That's when I like to whip out a play pack! These are magical bags that are sold at grocery stores, Target, etc. (link for Trolls packs in this post) that contain a coloring book, 4 crayons and a sheet of stickers. My toddler always gets super excited that I have something "new" for her and I am fine with it as they are sold individually for $1.00 or less! Anytime that I see them anywhere I just grab 1 or 2 for the diaper bag and surprise our toddler when I need her to chillax for a few more minutes.
2. Contigo Water Bottle - This is noteworthy as it does NOT leak! We tried a million different kinds of cups last summer (seriously... people that know us know that we have at least 1 of just about every brand of sippy cup, straw cup, 360 cup, etc.). These are not only leakproof but my toddler feels super independent that she can press the button and up pops a straw allowing her to drink her water. Win-win! (Note: the image pictured is of a cup with rockets; however, the link takes you to amazon where you can pick another design or color that best suits your little one).
1. Kid size table and chairs - I always knew that I wanted a kid sized table and chair set for our future child/ children; and then we had our first child and she grew and grew... she grew right in to an independent toddler who just knew she could do everything herself and that she no longer needed to utilize a high-chair; however, she also was not very tall which meant that some of the adult-sized furniture became extremely unsafe. My husband and I realized that something needed to be done; so, I called up my favorite fellow Ikea shopping friend and we picked up a super cute table and chair set for my little lady. She uses this table for eating, coloring, painting, crafting, reading, etc. It has been a cheap fix for what could have been an ongoing issue. She loves using her table because it's hers and it fits her. (Note: the image pictured is not our exact table; however, it is an Ikea version as well that looks super functional.).
What are some of your favorite toddler goods? I would love to hear about them!